Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Midseason Blogpoll Roundtable Questions

Even though I am not a voting member of the Blogpoll, I am still going to offer my $.02 on the midseason questions.

1. Which coaches are clearly on the hot seat at this point? Who is surprisingly not? I think the often mentioned Larry Coker is the leading candidate here, along with John L. Smith and Chuck Amato (yes eventhough he has won a few games lately). I think the surprise of the year might be Franchione, I also think there was a shorter leash than people think on the Wannstache at Pitt.
2. Pick three of the undefeated teams and state your case as to why they won’t run the table. Rutgers and either Louisville or West Virginia simply because they all play each other. Ohio State and Michigan are in the same boat since they play at the 'Shoe later this year. USC is a fraud and either Cal, Oregon, or Notre Dame (or all three) are going to take them down.

3. Which conference is playing the best football right now?.
The SEC hands down. Even though my beloved Dawgs suck this year, the conference as a whole is strong 8-9 deep. Ole Miss and Miss St are about the only pushovers in the conference.
4. Which team is playing above and beyond your expectations this season?
Has to be Arkansas, the Rev. Nutt has two stud running backs and a pretty good defense to go along with it. If they played USC again right now I think they might win.
5. Which team is crashing and burning in regards to your expectations?
My beloved Dawgs. I didn't expect much at the beginning of the season, but I still thought 10-2 or 9-3 with the 10th win in a bowl were reasonable expectations. These were reinforced by our (fake) defense playing great the first few games. At this rate I would be happy with 7-5.
6. Is your pre-season BCS championship game prediction still alive?
Yep, Ohio State started #1 and should remain there, and WVU doesn't play anyone except Louisville.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am commenting on my own blog just so I don't have to see the zero there anymore.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home