Friday, October 06, 2006

Can You Smell That??

Can you?? It's gameday in Athens kids and its right around the corner..(go ahead take a big whif, you can smell the bourbon already...oh wait that's just me...um nevermind). Yes we are less than 36 hours from kickoff and I still have no idea what is going to happen. I guess that I will know when I wake up in the morning. Call me crazy ( and yes it has happened before) but everygame for the last 3 years I have known when I woke up on gameday whether we were going to win or lose (or at least play badly enough to lose see Colorado). The '04 loss to the Vowels (I knew when I woke up that morning that things were not going to go right, confirmed when we arrived to tailgate and campus was FLAT as was the team), the debacle two weeks ago against Colorado ( I told my wife on the way up that we were going to play badly, the fact that our whole tailgate experience was a goat rope only served to confirm this). So basically what I am saying is when I wake up on Saturday I will know what is going to happen based on how well or how crappy my day starts off. Bottom line is if you see me BE NICE, our team's fortunes depend on it.


If you haven't heard Brandon Cotu is injured. Andy Bailey will handle PAT's and FG's. From what I hear he is pretty accurate, just not as long as Cotu.

Things I'd Like To See on Saturday

  • Kregg Lumpkin get 20-25 carries and be the featured back.
  • Joe T. be efficient in moving the offense through a series of short passes and check to runs.
  • Moses and Johnson plant Ainge
  • Paul Oliver have a "pick six"
  • Tra Battle NOT get a concussion causing him to blow coverage on a 4th and Watkinsville at the end of the game.
  • On of our WR's catch 2 passes in a row.
  • The inside of Sanford Stadium (no I won't be there this week...don't ask!)
  • The Dawgs win! (but you knew that didn't you?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home